Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Black Ghost vs Bichir

I heard different opinions about weather they get along or not.
I am planning to get a 2nd tank (75 GAL) and I really like both.
Will also add more fish (don't know what yet) I'm just starting to built that community around these two guys

Old 09-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

A BGK can't fit in a 75 though...but a bichir could I guess.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i currently have a black ghost knife, delhezi and an ornate bichir in a 240 gallon tank. Size is key. as long as one can't fit in the mouth of the other you should be fine. The only issue i have is that the BGK and the delhezi react to the food a lot faster than the ornate so i have to pretty much drop the pellets on the ornates head to make sure he gets his share.

I assume you are referring to a senegal which is supposed to have a similar activity level to the delhezi so i dont think you would have this issue at all.

a BGK is supposed to get to 24 inches or so, but they are extremely slow growers. i have had mine almost a year now and he has only grown about 2 inches. a 75 gallon might be too small for a full grown one, but it would probably take years to get there. Not that i am advising getting a fish that will eventually out grow your tank but if you do, you may need to have upgrading plans in the future.

Tags
chi, ghost, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com