Black Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xIHaKIx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got an idea. Some people use black lights to grow plants, Im gonna try it on my fish tank my question is do black lights effect fish?

Black lights do not grow plants on their own....and the effect on fish is probably negative, as long-term exposure to blacklight has been linked with cataract-growth on mammals.

that light is way harsh for fish or humans for that matter....They are very harmfull to eyes ......looking at them to long will no doubt give you a headache...it damages your eyes

I've tried it over my tank, and found that black light doesn't really seem to penetrate water very well. None of my fish died as a result of this experiment.

Thanks guys, Well I did replace it with my normal light and the sec. I put it on all my fish in the tank started going crazy running to the bottom and hudeing under the wood tunnel and just moving really really fast like they normaly dont do so what did was took it out, I didnt want to risk any thing but it was worth a shot.

Well, for the safety of your fishies, I'm glad you changed out the black light. :)

Back
Top Bottom