Black molly size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly77143

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering what is the average size for a black Molly to grow. Most sites say 5 inches. Mine are 3 inches in my 60 gallon and we got her in march. The reason I'm asking is because she had been having fry on a regular basis and I thought she was healthy but she died this week. Tested the water and everything is fine. (use the API kit). The only other thing I can think of is the male Molly may have stressed her out too much trying to mate with her :/

Just wondering what is the average size for a black Molly to grow. Most sites say 5 inches. Mine are 3 inches in my 60 gallon and we got her in march. The reason I'm asking is because she had been having fry on a regular basis and I thought she was healthy but she died this week. Tested the water and everything is fine. (use the API kit). The only other thing I can think of is the male Molly may have stressed her out too much trying to mate with her :/

That's definitely possible if she was having fry that often. Usually it's recommended to have at least 2-3 females for every male so that one female doesn't get too stressed.

Back
Top Bottom