Black or white?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok as racist as the title may sound I am talking about sand. I am getting a new 46 gallon bow-front aquarium. I am doing a complete Greek theme because I am obsessed with the ancient era of Greeks and Romans. I have white PFS in my current aquarium. I like it, but I want to try out some black sand. What is your opinion?

Ok as racist as the title may sound I am talking about sand. I am getting a new 46 gallon bow-front aquarium. I am doing a complete Greek theme because I am obsessed with the ancient era of Greeks and Romans. I have white PFS in my current aquarium. I like it, but I want to try out some black sand. What is your opinion?

What kinda fish? I had a platy tank that I used black gravel and black background in. Even tho the fish were bright and colorful, the black really took away from the look of the tank. Made it very drab in my opinion. Getting ready to set up a 55 gallon with pfc as we speak. I hope it looks better than my platy tank, lol

ccross said:
What kinda fish? I had a platy tank that I used black gravel and black background in. Even tho the fish were bright and colorful, the black really took away from the look of the tank. Made it very drab in my opinion. Getting ready to set up a 55 gallon with pfc as we speak. I hope it looks better than my platy tank, lol

PLS is nice. Just make sure you get some corys to till over your sand. Well I'll ask the guy I'm getting it from. Because he used to have black gravel in it.

A black substrate really shows off the colors of the fish (and decor,) but it really just depends on your personal preference.

I believe a dark sand and background will make your fish colors more vibrant. I know genetics are a huge factor in this, however a fish tends to try and blend in with it's surroundings. The darker the sand and background the more potential for an slightly brighter fish. Just my opinion on the question.

Back
Top Bottom