Black Tahitian Moon Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vellafish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like in an established aquarium? Positives/negatives? Thanks.

I have ti in mine. There are pics on my profile of before with natural colored gravel and then balck sand with a blakc background.

Visually it looks pretty stunning...the black is deep black and those little reflective specs really leap out when you have some good light on it. Greens from plants, as well as any other colors in your tank (I had Red Cherry Shrimp in my tank with it) show up great because of the contrast with the deep black sand.

On the negative side, it is inert so if you are planning on using it in a planted tank (especially with plants that are heavy root feeders), you'll need to put some sort of root fertilizer tabs in there for your plants.

I'd love to use this sand in my future goldfish tank, but if its sharp that might be a bad idea. Can anyone say whether or not its dangerous for fish who might ingest it like my goldies?

I think sand is generally "safe" since its small enough that most fish can pass it.. but I am not 100% on that

Back
Top Bottom