blackghost knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangarooooooooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
i'm not sure buti think my bgk may be sick. he's acting normal and eating and everything, but his tummy looks very very swollen(directly under his mouth) it's almost a perfect ball.. i don't know what this might be...

Any chance for a picture? Sometimes fish can show this sign simply when they eat too much. Has it been like this for a while, or did it just show up? Is it discolored? Keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if it goes away.

it's impossible to get a pic of him. but i'll try. it's not discolored.. mabe it was too much food... and i'm pretty sure it just showed up.

it's gone down alot, and i foudn out the cause. my angel fish was laying a bunch of eggs and i guess he had a huge feast. lol funny lil fish

Lol. Glad he is okay. If it ever happens again and doesn't seem to go away, there is a little trick you can do to clear the fish out. Get some frozen peas and put a few in the microwave until they are mushy (10-20 seconds I think). Peel the skin off and feed the mushy part to the fish. It acts as a natural laxative sorta. :)

haha that's awsome to know. thank you very much!
and is the bgk's stomache directly under his chin. cuz i notice it's kindda swollen from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom