Blackwater aqauriums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is all new to me and I gotta say I'm kinda digging the look. Is this healthy for the fish? When did this come about?

Convict2161 said:
This is all new to me and I gotta say I'm kinda digging the look. Is this healthy for the fish? When did this come about?

It's healthy for certain types of fish. Those would be rummy nose tetras, which are from the black water streams in The Amazon. Although its not necessary to recreate those conditions for them it's a good idea as a project to create a South American Blackwater biotope :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
It's healthy for certain types of fish. Those would be rummy nose tetras, which are from the black water streams in The Amazon. Although its not necessary to recreate those conditions for them it's a good idea as a project to create a South American Blackwater biotope :)

I gotta say of were to do another tank I think I would try this. The look intrigues me a lot. I think it looks killer.

Convict2161 said:
I gotta say of were to do another tank I think I would try this. The look intrigues me a lot. I think it looks killer.

It gets that killer look from Blackwater extract when you have almond leaves, pear, moss, etc. :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
It gets that killer look from Blackwater extract when you have almond leaves, pear, moss, etc. :)

This may be my next project! I read that some even just put the DW in the tank with out fully getting all the tannins out? Hmmmm.... I still have that bow front. My mind is going a mile a minute! The wife would kill me for sure.

Back
Top Bottom