blackwater tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itschromesteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a freshly cycled 60 gallon that I'm thinking about turning into a south american blackwater biome tank. It wont be a perfect representation of the biome of course but that is the general theme I have been wanting to try. I want some angels and I have 2 juvenile bn plecos who ill be putting in the tank. Just looking for stocking ideas and any other input :)

Discus have scared me away because of the price and water changes. If I wanted to go through all that I'd much rather have altum angels.

itschromesteel said:
I have never been a huge Cory person not sure why. I guess it is something I could try. Any preferance of which type?

I like the pepperred and emerald green.

Im not going to get altums for the same reasons as discus. I was just trying to say I like altums better if I felt like going broke.

I have seen regular angels get 10in tall before. My tank is 24in high though luckily.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Ah okay...

If you're still looking for suggestions...what about german blue rams? Not as expensive and very pretty :)

German blue or gold rams are beautiful fish

I'm always looking for suggestions.
I had thought about rams it might be something I have to order online as I can't remember seeing any at the couple of lfs near me. German rams are gorgeous though.

Or...something unique...pencilfish...quite cool-looking IMO. I saw one in a discus tank, they are really thin and looked like a mechanical pencil! :)

Back
Top Bottom