Blistered fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
Reposting this here because no one has responded in the Unhealthy Fish forum...

So when I was doing a water change this evening I noticed my Cory's pelvic fins look like they're swollen or blistered. He seems to be acting normally...actively swimming around and eating normally. Is this something I should be concerned about? I think I saw it once before, but I never got a good look to be sure, but if it was the same thing, it seems to have healed itself. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-2636760369.jpg
    image-2636760369.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image-2852913516.jpg
    image-2852913516.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image-440674341.jpg
    image-440674341.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 49
It could be from the rocks or it could be from aggression from another fish. some times poor water quality will cause fin rot too. I had one of my Cory's out of a group of 8 thats find rotted off and it stayed small and eventually didnt make it but I think it might have been a genetic defect but yours looks pretty healthy to me I wouldn't worry to much about it.... What kind of Cory is it

It could be from the rocks or it could be from aggression from another fish. some times poor water quality will cause fin rot too. I had one of my Cory's out of a group of 8 thats find rotted off and it stayed small and eventually didnt make it but I think it might have been a genetic defect but yours looks pretty healthy to me I wouldn't worry to much about it.... What kind of Cory is it

He seems to be behaving normally and I haven't noticed anyone picking on him...it's usually my serpae tetras who my platy picks on (he's kind of a jerk, but he's been a survivor when others haven't!)...I've never seen him harass the Cory. Based on pics I've seen of cories, I'm pretty sure he's a peppered Cory. I've had him for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom