Bloated Neon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks very much, I fully appreciate this. What, if anything, would be recommended for a 5 gal? Considering I have the 7 neons and the albino Cory, I guess I'm just gonna have to hope for the best eh?

I would try and return all of them, to be honest. A good LFS would take them back, maybe even just for store credit. I would then do a fishless cycle, and read up/find some acceptable inhabitants for a 5 gal tank. There are many many possibilities for fish and inverts that are acceptable for this size tank. Unfortunately many of them aren't commonly available at run-of-the-mill pet stores.

The bacteria-in-a-bottle products like the FilterStart are hit or miss... sometimes they work, but often they don't... it just depends on how the product was stored, and how old it is. I personally avoid adding anything to my tanks accept dechlorinator during a water change, and some fertilizers for my plants... the rest of the chemical additives do little to actually fix underlying issues/causes of problems, like putting a band aid on a bullet wound, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom