Blood Parrot advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrackAttack

Aquarium Advice Activist
i went to petco today because im really set on getting 1 maybe two and they were $25 a piece and i was wondering if it was a good price. i only have 2 fish in the tank right now and one is a red tailed shark and a pearl gourami. i will move them if i have to. the tank is a 45 gallon and i was wondering if got them what other fish i could put with them. the tank has been cycled for about a year. i had a bunch of platys in there but my gf wanted a crayfish and he ate all of them which is no big deal so now im looking to revamp the tank and im loving these fish.

I got 2 blood parrots for about 16$. 25$ is too much. Both need 55G and I think 45G would still be good and compatible with the other fish.

i might only get one. there is only two stores near me and only one has them so i dont think i can get them any cheaper.

Fishie said:
I got 2 blood parrots for about 16$. 25$ is too much. Both need 55G and I think 45G would still be good and compatible with the other fish.

It depends on the quality of the fish and place where its being sold. At Petco, I would not pay $10 for one. But at a good mom and pop LFS, I would pay $25.

I wouldn't pay that at petco but maybe you can get some cheaper online or something .

I wouldn't pay that at petco but maybe you can get some cheaper online or something .

any suggestions? by the way they are from petco. they wouldnt let me buy them today cause they are just getting over ich and they are still treating but he said to come back another time. i did not see ich on them and this petco seems to be knowledgeable.

BrackAttack said:
any suggestions? by the way they are from petco. they wouldnt let me buy them today cause they are just getting over ich and they are still treating but he said to come back another time. i did not see ich on them and this petco seems to be knowledgeable.

Maybe aquabid but I would try other LFS. My petco isn't that knowledgeable so your pretty lucky! I think you can order from petco and petsmarts websites.

i dont have any other fish stores for about at least 45 mins id spend more then $10 on the gas.

Fishie said:
Maybe aquabid but I would try other LFS. My petco isn't that knowledgeable so your pretty lucky! I think you can order from petco and petsmarts websites.

Yeah, it seems like most Petsmarts and Petcos are bad, accept a few. I don't think you can order online from Petsmart, though you can definitely order from Petco.

i looked on aquabid and for one 2inch blood parrot its $10 and it comes from cali. and i love in pa and on ebay its $15 per fish with $30 shipping

Funny thing was that they had the $25 "large" ones also, but they weren't all that much bigger. I was just fine paying the lesser amount the "small" ones and let them grow up in my tank. Pretty much all the Petsmart stores in my area have them.

Back
Top Bottom