Blood Parrot Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

everest22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I recently introduced a rather large Blood Parrot into my 55 gallon aquarium. I already had two BPs, but they are much smaller than the new one. The biggest of the original two is probably less than half of the size of the new one. The new large BP becomes aggressive to the other Blood Parrots when I come close to the tank since he thinks I'm going to feed them. I noticed that the smaller red BP has some black marks on his face, and I think I recently read when BPs become stressed, they can sometimes develop these black spots. I also noticed that the other original BP (which is orange) looks like he has some scales missing possibly from the new larger BP being aggressive.

I'd hate to take the larger BP back to the LFS because I really like him, but I don't want him beating up on the other fish. Has anyone had a similar situation and have any advice? A picture of all three BPs can be seen below. The little red BP is seen on the left of the pic:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/mlavella/DSC01614.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSC01614.jpg
    DSC01614.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom