Blood Parrot won't eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perrytheparrotfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a blood parrot for 3 and 1/2 weeks and he is always hiding and i have never seen him eat. I feed him cichlid pellets. Please help!

What kind of tankmates, tank size, and what are you specifically feeding him? Blood parrots are rather shy when kept alone.

He is in a 28 gallon bow front with two gouramis. He is about 4 inches. I plan on moving him and the gouramis into a bigger tank. I feed him slow sinking pellets(which dont sink).

He makes an attempt...but doesn't get to it fast enough. He also won't eat the food from the top.

He makes an attempt...but doesn't get to it fast enough. He also won't eat the food from the top.

Sounds like you answered your question, your going to have to spot feed him with a different food maybe use a sinking pellet he can eat or presoak them quickly so they do sink. Like I said they are shy without other BP's around which always surprised me from a hybrid of a red devil, so special care to feeding must be given.

Last edited:
I know they will grow... Should I rehome it if I can't get a bigger tank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom