blood worm question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brry

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I give my fish their regular food, but I also give them blood worms daily. Is that okay? Or am I supposed to only give blood worms as a treat?

I would only feed bloodworms every other day and something like flake on the other days and it's good to have a day once a week or fortnight when they have no food at all.

Man, these fish are going to be shooting me some accusing looks when they don't get their daily bloodworms.

Every time I walk by the tank they swim up expectantly.

:hide:

Tetras, a loach, and a dwarf gourami.

The tetras pretty much ignore me but the loach and gourami are very friendly and swim up when anyone approaches the tank.

Ok, I owuld not recommend feeding those fish blood worms everyday. Blood worms are really high in protein, so I suggets only using them as a treat. Personally, I just feed my tropical communities blood worms maybe twice a week. I know some people use them more, but I definitely do not recommnd giving them the worms everyday.

You could get some sinking pellets for your loach for when it's not having bloodworms. My loach loves pellets, much more than flake that has sunk. Other things you could feed them on are cooked peas (just 1 or 2) they help there digestive system. Cooked prawns, loaches love them!

I agree that frozen foods about twice a week is best, and they don't need flake that day..just one or the other. ;)

You could get some sinking pellets for your loach for when it's not having bloodworms. My loach loves pellets, much more than flake that has sunk. Other things you could feed them on are cooked peas (just 1 or 2) they help there digestive system. Cooked prawns, loaches love them!
Yeah, my loaches prefer the shrimp pellets to fallen flakes as well. Definitely a favorite. :)

Back
Top Bottom