Blood worms populating; want them out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattscheck4

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 16g guppy tank and gave them live blood worms one time, because I had some left over from feeding a fire eel in another tank. It's been a couple of weeks since then. I went to do a PWC and vacuum out my gravel, and BLOOD WORMS EVERYWHERE!! Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? I was thinking that I might just vacuum the gravel in there to get a portion of blood worms when I need to feed the fire eel. I'd suck out the water & blood worms, then return the water to that tank and put the blood worms into the other tank for the eel. Would this effectively get rid of the blood worms? I was totally shocked at how many there were when I went in there today. Please help!

Send them to me! lol. J/k I don't know how you could get rid of them besides cleaning everything out and you don't want to do that!

There are a few LFSs that stock live worms for those picky eaters. I've found 2 in a 40-mile radius from Boston, MA that stock them, so they're pretty easily found. Just call a few LFSs in your area, and I'm sure you'll find one that stocks them.

Back
Top Bottom