Blotches on stomach.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi delapool. Not much change really. He's feeding ok, the blotches haven't changed and still shaking a bit. He like twitches and then bangs his side on the rocks. Managed to get a pic but not that good. Ever time I try to go underneath for a pic he follows me!!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410716442.251664.jpg

One day at a time

Could he be flashing around the gills? I can just make out the red spots on the belly I think but he looks nice.

Does he do the banging after feeding or a water change or all the time? Also just to knock off would you have readings now for ammonia, ph, temp, nitrates, etc?

Maybe flashing around the gills after feeding. I'll look later before feeding.
Temp. 75.5
Am 0
Ni 0
Na 10
Ph 7.6
Thanks for the reply

One day at a time

Maybe flashing around the gills after feeding. I'll look later before feeding.
Temp. 75.5
Am 0
Ni 0
Na 10
Ph 7.6
Thanks for the reply

One day at a time

Water looks good :) I was thinking it could be:

Parasites around gills with secondary bacterial infection coming off that OR

Something is just generally irritating him and he has been rubbing and getting red marks. Water looks good. Other stuff can cause it too eg new filter wool. OR

He is just flashing at feeding time and has a bacterial infection along the belly.

Some thoughts anyways.

Thanks delapool. I think your right with the latter. He does just seem to flash after feeding and i think the rash type of thing is slowly decreasing in colour. If the blotch/rash doesn't go would you consider me treating it with anything?

One day at a time

Thanks delapool. I think your right with the latter. He does just seem to flash after feeding and i think the rash type of thing is slowly decreasing in colour. If the blotch/rash doesn't go would you consider me treating it with anything?

One day at a time

Good news it is going. :)

I'd say if it doesn't go then worth re-posting with any new signs.

I would do a half dose of well-mixed melafix and pimafix if it looks like it just needs a nudge to fix. I've had success with them for low level infections plus they don't stain water or kill off nitrifying bacteria. If they don't work after a few days on to something better. If it rapidly gets worse, I'd skip these.

After that depends on signs. Possibly medicated fish food with antibiotics would be next thought.

Think ive got to the bottom of things. He started with the white stringy poo so now im treating him for internal parasites. I hope this clears as it is quite common in EBJD's and can kill them. The blotches started to appear more on his belly but then realised they were just his markings changing. He coloured up really dark one day and all the pink blotches went black!!! I have used something similar to melafix from my LFS to treat his food so hopefully this will work.

Well it's a month on from starting treatment and after a few different medications he seems brand new :) Just reached 3.5".
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415124458.090482.jpg

One day at a time

Back
Top Bottom