Blue crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterTropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can a blue crayfish be in a tank with live plants? Are there any other fish that can live with a crayfish?

FreshwaterTropical said:
Can a blue crayfish be in a tank with live plants? Are there any other fish that can live with a crayfish?

Im not sure, but my school have a twenty gallon tank with a pond caught blue crayfish and guppies, and the crayfish grabbed the males' tales and pulled them down, and ate them. As soon as my life science teacher noticed that, she immediately caught the crayfish with a net and put it in a bucket, and said "come on, class, we're going on an emergency field trip!" So we walked to the pond which was a minute away from my school and she let it go back in the pond. Lol

those crayfish are notorious for destroying planted tanks

I have a bunch of blue crayfish in tanks I also have real plants just don't use any delicate plants or small ones they will tear them up and as far as fish fast swimmers with no real long tails have some holes and caves for the crays

Amazon swords money warts but I would put a moss ball in there for them to move around and play with so they will leave the others alone just make sure you set your plant pretty deep in your substrate and it wouldn't hurt to put some gravel around the base of the plant

I use sand but you can us a sand gravel mix

I went to my LFS and they said take a lot of the baby crayfish because they sell them for $20 each and they are not much bigger. They said hatchetfish are good with them because of the water levels they live in. And live plants are fine with crayfish also.

Back
Top Bottom