Blue Danios terrible tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishNCovice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have two danios and whenever its feeding time they love to push other fish away or even take food out of their mouths

anybody else experience this?
what did you do?

i am thinking of maybe taking them back to lfs
since it is prob inherent in their nature

ever try feeding em more?? maybe you should get a couple moe??

hmm blue danio?? ive only heard of long finned leopard giant and zebras? or just are they a danio just blue?

I don't have those fish, but for my pigs (aka larger cichlids), I open both sides of the aquarium and drop food on both sides. That seems to work :D

You only have 2 of the danios? If you get more they may spend more time harassing each other instead of stealing from your other fish... or it could get worse... hard to say really.

I've got long-finned blue danios, and never saw them act the way yours are... maybe it's not inherent for them to act that way...

I would try Menagerie's advice: feed from both ends at the same time.
I do something similar. I sprinkle some food on the surface for the danios and release the rest underwater. Everybody gets fed, but sometimes, my danios seem more interested in my fingers than the food I sprinkled out for them.

BTW, the blue danio is a beautiful fish - I never saw one in my lfs.

Back
Top Bottom