Blue Lobster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have any good info or links for the electric blue lobster (crayfish)
Wanting to know if my red-tailed shark would be bothered ny this other bottom dweller. Of course it would not go in my 20gal, i am currnetly planning a 65 gal and looking for additions to join the fish who will be moving up. I've always loved the blue lobster and with the bigger, I may just get one. Thanks

Forgot to mention my frog will be staying in the smaller 20 gal, he'll be getting some friends when everyone else moves out.

I think it will bother your fish because at night when the shark is trying to sleep, the lobster/crayfish will be looking for a tastey fish to eat. They are best kept in a species only tank.

Crayfish will eat anything they can catch. I have never kept one, but I understand that they are best with smaller, skittish tropical fish (like guppies and tetras). Larger more aggressive fish (like cichlids) will tear the crayfish apart.

The crayfish will kill your frog too. I agree with everyone else that crayfish should be in a species tank, but I have heard of some fish you can keep them with. Crayfish can't go in a community tank though.

Crayfish would kill any bottom dwellers (including plecos). Best kept in species only tnak (like everyone previously said), but you can keep them with strict surface dwellers, like butterflyfish, as long as there are no plants or things like that for the crayfish to climb up on. Also crayfish have been known to shred live plants.

A friend of mine had a blue lobster. It would always escape from the aquarium- she would be sitting in her room and there he would go- scooting across the floor...lol ! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom