Blue lobster and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I once had one and it oblitterated very fish that got put in the tank. Unless he's with some good sized fish I would consider getting him his own tank. They will also eat most plants.

I once had one and it oblitterated very fish that got put in the tank. Unless he's with some good sized fish I would consider getting him his own tank. They will also eat most plants.
I used to have lone section of my tank dedicated to anacharis, *used to* as in, before my crawfish lol.

My blue lobster is very calm. apple snails can go right infront of him and he does nothing... no the lobster is not sick he is very healthy. but my parent has one too and he is very aggressive, he killed 2 fast fishes already. i found one half of the body and nothing else. maybe he is the male and mine the female idk.

I've always had females, never one male, and have had 0 problems. I have however heard of people with males that did kill lots of fish. Not all males are bad though.

Yeah I would never pay 60 bucks either. I always thought they were really cool but if never pay that price and I wouldn't want to put my fish in any harm. I have a 10 gallon tank that's not set up yet. Do you think I could put one in a 10 gal tank? If I find one for a reasonable price ha

Id keep one in a ten gallon. Actually kept mine in a ten gallon up until a few months ago. IMO ten gallons per crayfish would be my guideline. If I could have enough hiding places in my 20 long without looking out of place, I'd have another one in there without a doubt.

Hope you guys don't mind me reviving an old thread, but I just came across this in a search.

I've been considering a blue lobster for my 36g tank. Right now I have two angels that are still relatively small, have had them for about two months, and two dwarf gouramis.

Those fish all seem to get along and will occupy all areas of the tank. However, since they have been the only fish in the tank for so long, I'm worried about introducing something that could be so aggressive.

I know that I would need to take measure to make sure the lobster has his own 'nesting' area and all, but some of the stories I'm reading have me wondering if it's a good idea to get one.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Doesn't hurt to try. Just make sure that you provide him a place he can call home. Dark little cave where he can call home and have space to molt and to retreat to. If you do get one though, always make sure that you would be able to return it if there are issues. Or have another backup plan in place.

Back
Top Bottom