Blue Lobster in a Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was thinking of getting a blue lobster, though i was worried about my fish. after reading this, i think i'll skip out though i loved the thread and the stories. it was great to read. i thought perhaps since my tank is 180 gallons and well stocked with plants, the fish might have plenty of space to avoid the crayfish, but i value my fish a little too much to chance it after reading this, even if most of them are upper water fish for the most part and i doubt it would bother my plecos that are probably over 10 inches each... maybe a fiddler crab would be safer? or a shrimp? just lookin for something entertaining and new to help keep my gravel cleaner...

I have such a crayfish named Babaloo. She is a confirmed serial killer! I've had to maintain a seperate 20 gal. species tank for two years now. She hasn't managed to kill her one tank companion, a skunk loach who also has a nasty disposition but mainly hides under rocks in the tank. I heard trapdoor snails were hard-shelled enough to live with them and tried it. She rolled it around the tank like a trained seal.

When I first got her I put her in a community tank with 10 tetras, a betta and 4 platys. I still have two of the 10 black neons. She ate or maimed the rest.

I would not risk putting another in a community tank, even if some aren't so aggressive. If it is, by by fishies!

Back
Top Bottom