Blue Panaque Pleco...l239

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard of it! Not that this posts helps at all, haha

Very cool looking fish. I just looked it up and it seems that they can get about a foot long so be prepared. It says they also need hiding places and driftwood to eat. They also seem to eat blanched veggies, pellets and algae wafers.

I have enough room for it so its size isn't a problem....I just keep seeing the same thing as you saying it may grow up to a foot in length....but also that its max size is five inches in a tank...so I'm confused about that. I just got rid of a common pleco that was about 10" so I'm trying to replace him.

Never kept one, but like gold nugget pleco's you need to be sure they're eating and healthy before you buy one. If they're left too long w/out wood to eat (commonly in distributor's tanks) the symbiotic bacteria that helps them digest their food dies off and then they starve.

Ya, pretty much. Mopani or malaysian wood is popular because they don't decay, but softer woods will also be eaten. Just avoid pine of fir, too much resin in the wood.

Back
Top Bottom