Blue paradise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
... So I knew that my blue paradise would be kind of bad... But he's becoming really bad. I don't want to get rid of him. So I'm going to rehome my danios and my now lone tetra hopefully before they are eaten.
He's in a 29 gal. Right now.
So I was doing more research and it was suggested giant danios... So id need 6.. x 4 inches = 24 inches of fish then 4 for the paradise. Think o could get away with anything else? Any suggestions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you are using the "inch per gallon rule" which is not reliable. It doesn't take into account aggression, eating habits, possible breeding, activity, swimming level, etc. There really aren't any catch all rules for stocking, although there are some like for example, tetras and danios (and usually rasboras) need schools. I would rehome the giant danios, because they will need more room. Did the rest of the neon tetras get eaten by the gourami?

Yes the other tetras were eaten. I do not have any giant danios yet... That was just a fish suggested on another website.

He has long fins so I'm weary of larger tetras. Just looking for suggestions or experience. I dont know jack about stocking really so that's why I was going by the gal/inch. And asking for suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom