Blue ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I get G blue rams with my tetras and gourami? I heard yes, please help I love these rams?

I've kept tetras and Opaline Gourami with GBR and Bolivian Rams without much bother, but it depends on the amount of Gourami more than Tetra. I've passed my Gourami onto a friend but they where in with the Rams for 3 months. I found my Gourami where pooping machines so I had to do extra water changes as the Rams really need pristine quality water, if you have a lot of them I would probably not chance it but a group of Dwarf Gourami should be okay.

I have 2 dwarf gouramis and 4 electric green tetras in a 30 gal tank with two 30 gal filters a bio wheel and a whisper EX, what do you think ?

I have 2 dwarf gouramis and 4 electric green tetras in a 30 gal tank with two 30 gal filters a bio wheel and a whisper EX, what do you think ?

Shouldn't be a problem, just keep up on water changes as this will be the main enemy in keeping them, add 2 more green Tetra also as these should be kept in a slightly larger number. Start of with one pair and see how it goes, remember to raise your temperature for them, I've kept mine successfully at 27, though others say to keep it higher. Big tip - get a bigger female than a male, she needs to be stronger to fight of his advances when she is not ready or things can end in disaster.

Another thing, GBR in the UK seem to be far more hardy than that in the US, I'm not sure where your from but if it's the US it's something to remember and having the temp higher than 27 might be a must, good luck anyway - fantastic fish as long as you don't overcrowd or neglect, very unforgiving of mistakes, but really worth it in the end, you might also get a quick batch of eggs as this is quite normal, though in most cases it will take a few attempts before you get fry.

Back
Top Bottom