Blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some Rams at my lfs that where labeled blue ram so naturally I thought gbr but they don't seem right with coloring these are the first cichlids I've ever had. I know they like hiding spots and plants which I plan on doing a massive plant overhaul with Java ferns and moss some hornwort Anubis and Amazon swords they have a couple hiding spots now but not nearly enough ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429147349.626634.jpg

Sent from peliper

Hard to tell for me with this pic

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Beautiful fish, they really are one of the greatest centerpiece fish

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They seem to be having issues staying upright when the corydoras swim by them. Could it be from the water or from the corys catching them off guard? They seem fine when they're by themselves. I did a water change before I got them but there's a slight reeding NO3 .5 NO2 .25 NH3 .25 is there anything I can add to get rid of that? Every time I do water change its back by the next morning

Sent from peliper

If they are GBR they won't last long in water that is not perfect. Very delicate fish. They really need an established tank with minimal nitrates.

Based on descriptions of gbr I don't think it's them. It has the body but none of the coloration so it may be another ram

Sent from peliper

Normally fish labeled blue rams are wild or are from wild stock and GBR are normally labled as such. Its hard to see any detail in the pic but I would guess wild or wild stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Normally fish labeled blue rams are wild or are from wild stock and GBR are normally labled as such. Its hard to see any detail in the pic but I would guess wild or wild stock.

I'm with Gille. I got a female blue ram I *thought* was a GBR from PetSmart a few weeks ago. After further investigation she looks to be a wild caught. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429190464.669686.jpg
It took her almost a week to adapt and get comfortable with the tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm with Gille. I got a female blue ram I *thought* was a GBR from PetSmart a few weeks ago. After further investigation she looks to be a wild caught. View attachment 270177
It took her almost a week to adapt and get comfortable with the tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

She's looking great Caleb

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What would you recommend to help it stay alive and adapt?

Sent from peliper

There shouldn't be any problem they are much hardier and easier to care for than aquarium strains of rams, just keep the temp at 80 and the nitrates low.

Should i add stress coat? I didn't add any when I added them because I didn't have enough

Sent from peliper

I've never used stress coat on any of my fish. With good enough acclimation and no predators it will be fine.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ok the only fish that i think would be a threat would be the corydoras running into them the rest of the fish stay closer to the top of the tank

Back
Top Bottom