Blue Rams And Cherry Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many say yes. I believe so if well, especially if not in a heavily plantes tank to give cover

I've got RCS in with my Bolivian. Throw a good clump of Java Moss in there and the young shrimp will stay hidden long enough to grow up and not be eaten. I rarely see juvies wander out of the moss, but once they're adults they wander all over. My Ram will pick off the little ones, but the adults are big enough to be left alone.

in one word YES! i bought 30 red shrimp. when they arrived they were much smaller than i thought they would be so i was concerned. i distracted the fish, i have 2 gbr's and various community fish, with some food at the opposite end of the tank, turned off the lights and then put the shrimp in. the fish must have smelled them right away and within about 5 minutes almost all of them were gone! my gbr's had a $30.00 dinner. :) don't trust them. i'm pretty sure they'll eat the shrimp.

in one word YES! i bought 30 red shrimp. when they arrived they were much smaller than i thought they would be so i was concerned. i distracted the fish, i have 2 gbr's and various community fish, with some food at the opposite end of the tank, turned off the lights and then put the shrimp in. the fish must have smelled them right away and within about 5 minutes almost all of them were gone! my gbr's had a $30.00 dinner. :) don't trust them. i'm pretty sure they'll eat the shrimp.
Ouch. I don't even remember the last time I had a $30.00 meal! Lol.:lol:

i know what you're sayin' times are tough unless you're a spoiled gbr. they are great fish but i switched to ghost shrimp for clean up. now my south american bumblebee cat fish eat them but they are only 23 cents a piece. we're getting thrifty.lol

Back
Top Bottom