Blue red finned loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought 2 blue red finned loaches to help control my snail population, but I also have assassin snails. Will my loaches eat the assassins?

Botias would eat any snail they are capable of consuming so I would be cautious.

I see them once on a store and loved them, so obsessed over them until I bought some.

I've read that they can territorial with other bottom feeders, will they harm by various plecos? I figured that they are armoured so the should be fine. Or will they hurt my rope fish? The net has such mixed info on these guys some say peaceful some say not. Some say peaceful in groups of 3 some say groups of 4.

The bigger the group the better. They tend to come out more. They aren't really aggressive on purpose. They just don't respect territories. Loaches are like circus clowns.

Well my other bottom feeders aren't territorial, my rope fish often likes a snuggle from another fish. I just really don't want anything to happen to plecos! They were a pretty penny!

Well my other bottom feeders aren't territorial, my rope fish often likes a snuggle from another fish. I just really don't want anything to happen to plecos! They were a pretty penny!

They will be fine with plecos. They more slightly annoy then harass other tank mates. Loaches just like to explore and move on.

Well that's excellent news! But now how to remove my assassin snails, :(

Back
Top Bottom