BN Pleco Sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering if anyone could sex my pleco. I my buy an opposite gender to breed. I couldn't get a good picture because it just wouldn't move.

Attachments

• image-4183396687.jpg
    image-4183396687.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3944250304.jpg
    image-3944250304.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4137247718.jpg
    image-4137247718.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 74
Looks female to me. Especially since you said its about two years old. Usually by then the males have super bushy noses.

I had it for at least 2 years. It's quite big in my opinion. It's hard to find it since it constantly hide.

Then it's a female. Funny I have a long fin albino BNP female and she is out all the time during the day and has even gone to eating her Zucchini during the day along with the Whiptail cats. Usually albino BNP's are known for being out more during the day.

Then it's a female. Funny I have a long fin albino BNP female and she is out all the time during the day and has even gone to eating her Zucchini during the day along with the Whiptail cats. Usually albino BNP's are known for being out more during the day.

Lucky you, I think my African cichlids pick on her when she is out during the day. :( she does stay in a small cichlid stone which is really cute because her tail always stick out

My albino butterfly (long fin too) is out during the day too. Maybe yours is getting picked on a little making it hide?

Back
Top Bottom