boesemani rainbow not coloring up :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see a couple males in the pics, but also see several females. You will see the best color immediately after lights on in the morning. Also when the males spar with each other, they color up pretty nicely. Watch your bows for their breeding stripe. You will see a flashing of color change that runs from the nose area to the first dorsal fin. Males do this to encourage the females to breed. It's quite a sight the first time you notice it.

I see a couple males in the pics, but also see several females. You will see the best color immediately after lights on in the morning. Also when the males spar with each other, they color up pretty nicely. Watch your bows for their breeding stripe. You will see a flashing of color change that runs from the nose area to the first dorsal fin. Males do this to encourage the females to breed. It's quite a sight the first time you notice it.

thanks. i suspect i have a few males and a few females as well. the pictures aren't of the best quatlity, but i can already tell the intensity of the color on some rainbows is higher than others. i will watch out for the breeding stripe as time comes

Back
Top Bottom