Boiled peas. Effective?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been reading in several threads about feeding the fish with boiled peas.
Some use them as a cure for fish constipation, other mentions as a preventive measure, and to help the fish to digest better the food.

Can somebody help me to understand:
1 .- How do you prepare the peas, just boiled and feed to the fish with skin included?
2.- Is it true the benefits mentioned above?

My Angel fish eats a lot, he is always hungry, I feed my fish twice a day for three minutes, flakes and sometimes bloodworms. The Angel after the three minutes go immediately to bottom to look for the pieces of tablets (for my Corys or bottom feeders) and start to eat them too.
Is it good for the Angel to eat the small pieces of these tablets?

Thanks to all for the prompt answers.

I pop them into a microwave safe dish with some tank water, heat them for about 40 seconds, let them cool, then peel off the skin. Depending on which fish I'm feeding them to is if I mash them, cut them or feed them whole.

I do it as a once weekly feeding for all our tanks. Then the fish fast the next day.

I try to do the same as Dragonfish. I cut the peas into little pieces, though mashing might be easier. My fish fast once a week, and I try to feed the peas the day before.

It won't hurt the angles one bit. They are actually in the cichlid family and omnivores, meaning they need both meat and veggies in their diet.

Back
Top Bottom