Boliviam rams???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I finally found a BR at my Lfs. I have a 55g with 2 small/ medium angels and six zebra danios.

My plans are to have
2angels
2bolivian rams
8 zebra danios
7 rummynose tetras
4 false Julie Corys

This plan would free one of my 10gs up
Sound good ? Are Bolivian rams hardy? I know they are better than GBR.

I also have ghost shrimp in my 55 but I rarely see them. If I can find them I willove them bc I know they may get eaten. Lol
Also what would be the optimum temp for this set up?

Flossie said:
So I finally found a BR at my Lfs. I have a 55g with 2 small/ medium angels and six zebra danios.

My plans are to have
2angels
2bolivian rams
8 zebra danios
7 rummynose tetras
4 false Julie Corys

This plan would free one of my 10gs up
Sound good ? Are Bolivian rams hardy? I know they are better than GBR.

I also have ghost shrimp in my 55 but I rarely see them. If I can find them I willove them bc I know they may get eaten. Lol
Also what would be the optimum temp for this set up?

I think that sounds good, I would just add 2-3 more cories though. I've also heard that bolivians are hardier too but I haven't had any experience with either so I don't know. I think that 72°-80° would be okay... But like I said before I really don't know.

AquaKai said:
I think that sounds good, I would just add 2-3 more cories though. I've also heard that bolivians are hardier too but I haven't had any experience with either so I don't know. I think that 72°-80° would be okay... But like I said before I really don't know.

I'm cool with more cories . I just don't want to overstock :)

StuG said:
Bolivian rams actually like the water to be a wee bit warmer. 82-83 being ideal.

Would that be ok for the rest? I'm ok with warmer temps. I do have a higher ph tho. 8/8.2

I'd be interested to hear what temperature you settle on and how your rams do. I just got a pair of GBRs last Saturday, and already lost one, so I am thinking about getting Bolivians instead, and I too have a high pH of 8.2.

h2oskierc said:
I'd be interested to hear what temperature you settle on and how your rams do. I just got a pair of GBRs last Saturday, and already lost one, so I am thinking about getting Bolivians instead, and I too have a high pH of 8.2.

I would love to have GBRs but I heard they die easily so I decided on on bolivian rams ;) I would like to bump the temp up to about 80 bc angels like it there but I've read it also shortens their lifespan and I don't want that either

bruinsbro1997 said:
Not sure about bolivians, but IME my GBRs are totally living it up in their 85 degree F water there :)

Woweee they like it HOT !! HOT !!! HOT !!(singing) lol

bruinsbro1997 said:
Haha yes, in 76 degrees they were total snails, now they're swimming all over the place! :D :D

Lol. Wow :) I need to check out the best temps for all my fish
Haha

Not sure about bolivians, but IME my GBRs are totally living it up in their 85 degree F water there :)

Wow, that is hot. I have mine at 80 right now. I have a swordtail, guppies, neons and some ablino cories (that need a new home), I'll have to do some research to see if I can raise my temperature.

On a side note, doesn't a higher temperature also make ammo, nitrite and nitrate more toxic, or is that just ammonia?

Been a while since keeping Bolivians but they are hardier than the GBR's from my experience. Kept the tank 80-82 just depended who they were living with

Got two Bolivian rams. They are currently temp adjusting and then off to drip acclimation! Yay

AquaKai said:
You read my mind! They look amazing!!! Very pretty fish you have:)

Lol ! I hope they get better color. Seeing they had just Been added and was already showing a little color. I'm hopeful :)

How are your Bolivians doing? Has their color come more to your liking?

Back
Top Bottom