Bolivian ram compatibility questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since I lost my keyhole cichlid due to a freak accident I am thinking about getting another fish or more fishes don't know. My current stock is:
5 otocinclus
5 nerite snails
1 honey gourami
1 yoyo loach
3 angelicus
*my loaches are anti snail meat;)
3 bolivian rams
It's kinda an oddish ball 55g column style tank I know. I need suggestions. Should I add more loaches or HG's, go with something else, or nothing at all. I do apologize in advace I'm am very picky and no tetras, guppies, molly's, and platy's. Been there and done that and it was boring. Thanks :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've read that there should be at least 3 yoyos in a group, with 5 being the minimum most people prefer. I think you should do that, and maybe up the honey gouramis to 2 or 3

More yoyos or more honey gouramis would do well for your tank. Honey gouramis unlike most gouramis are very peaceful and like company.

MORE LOACHES :D Upping the yoyos to 3 would be good! In a 55 column I wouldn't do much more than that bioload wise, otherwise I'd suggest adding 4 yoyos and 2 angelicus ;)

All my loaches were saved from a Petsmart as babies. My yoyo has no idea that he's different. So funny! They were all in the same tank with nothing but a moss ball. I've owned plenty of dojo's, yoyo's, and angelicus. Had to break them out. They absolutely love each other. Been in my tank for 1 year now.

I also love my hg I've had him for 2 years and he's the only one of the 3 hg's I have left. I'm worried if I add anymore loaches that it will disrupt the group due to the fact that they are so tight knit. Guess I just miss having a big guy in the tank :(

Thanks for the suggestion folks! Anyone else have any ideas?

How about 1 angelfish?

1 angelfish should do fine IMO.

Thanks for the reply! I have always viewed my tank as a great tank for angels due to the awesome vertical swimming space.

Back
Top Bottom