Bolivian Ram with Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone kept a Bolivian Ram with a Male Betta because i have a Ram and i like Bettas so i thought i would check before i get one.

i have in a community tank, the betta was already in the tank so i knew he was peaceful and didnt bug the other fish

Oh cool so things are looking up then :)

but like most other betta stocking options it depends on the individual fish that you are dealing with, if you can get a chill one then youd be good to go, what size is the tank?

mine was in a 20L

54l tank but have lots of plants so they can hide in. I've seen a nice betta in the stoore kept with guppies so it must be calm

The personality you see at the store may not be the personality you see in your tank. It may not see the guppies as a threat but it might see the ram as one, due to the size.

You would have to have a Plan B if you purchase this fish and be able to move it into its own tank if necessary.

In my opinion, and from my experience, male or female bettas are not the best choice for a community fish. They're too iffy.

You can laugh now, but you'll thank me later when you have to remove the betta and have a cycled tank to put it in so it doesn't kill your other fish. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom