Bored of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all, im kinda bored of my tank. It's a community 37 gallon with rumnynose, rams, gold barbs, neons, and Cory's. i kinda want something more entertaining. Mabye like 5 or so medium sized fish instead of a bunch of small guys. Any ideas?

Hey all, im kinda bored of my tank. It's a community 37 gallon with rumnynose, rams, gold barbs, neons, and Cory's. i kinda want something more entertaining. Mabye like 5 or so medium sized fish instead of a bunch of small guys. Any ideas?
Your setup sounds pretty appealing, maybe you should go planted? That always livens up the tank with a change of natural scenery. And trust me you will NEVER get bored if you go planted lol

U could get a pleco. There very amusing.

I have a couple live plants. I mean i love the rummynoses and rams and Cory's. mabye i could keep them, then get a pleco, and mabye 2 pearl gourami? Or mabye a group of killifish?

The rams might not get along with the gouramis, but since I have no personal experience someone else would need to verify that.

I'd personally remove all the stock and get myself some shell dwelling Tanganyikan cichlids. Or make a female betta sorority to liven it up. Mine always do really well in a community setting as long as they have a good amount of cover to hide in if another female get's a bit too aggressive.

I really like the rams, Cory's, and rumnynose, tho the Cory's could go. I think the gouramis would fare wel because they are top dwellers and rams are bottom. On top of that, what about a trio of swordtails?
So
2 rams
2 pearl gouramis
3 swordtails
7 rumnynose tetras
4 juliicorys
And if theres room something else

I really like the rams, Cory's, and rumnynose, tho the Cory's could go. I think the gouramis would fare wel because they are top dwellers and rams are bottom. On top of that, what about a trio of swordtails?
So
2 rams
2 pearl gouramis
3 swordtails
7 rumnynose tetras
4 juliicorys
And if theres room something else

I have two pearl gourami and a blue gourami. They all get along fine :)

Back
Top Bottom