Boseamans Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry if thats mispelled, but anyway i was wondering if someone can give me some info on these fishies.

tank size
habits
foods duribility

any of th ebasic same ole same ole info would be helpful thank you

Boesemani rainbow are beautifull fish. I saw some at my lfs yesterday, but I have no space to put them :?

Anyway, webmoose has them, you should send him a pm or wait for him to see this.

I do have some I have 4 in a 58 gallon.... They like lots of plants on the side and open space in the middle.. They spend the day chasing each other around the tank.. (in a playful way) Mine get flake / frozen blood worms / peas / frozen brine shrimp.. I am convinced they would eat almost anything.

I highly recommend them.. Most people that visit me are in awe of these rainbows....

Very cool fish indeed! I tracked them down after Madasafish recommended them to me..

You can see some photos of mine here:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=38321

boseman rainbows are especially cool for the fact you know when they are about to breed as their colors change from breeding colors to normal coloration. I used to keep them as well.

very active fish ... i have seen them in anywhere froma 50 gallon to a 120 gallon because of their activity

They are active, and they are pretty full-bodied fish that get relatively large. Try to keep at least two females per male. I love mine, too, and keep them in a heavily planted tank. Rainbows are often overlooked at the LFS because they might appear boring, usually predominantly silver in color, until you get them home and feed them a variety of live, frozen and prepared foods, when they color up dramatically - quite stunning!

Back
Top Bottom