Bosemani Rainbow sexing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is the female Bosemani less colorful and heavier than the male?

I think I have 2 Bosemani Rainbow males and 1 Austrailian male with 1 female Bosemani. There seems to be tension.

Attachments

• image-3478718426.jpg
    image-3478718426.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2250520143.jpg
    image-2250520143.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 74
jlbfish said:
Is the female Bosemani less colorful and heavier than the male?

I think I have 2 Bosemani Rainbow males and 1 Austrailian male with 1 female Bosemani. There seems to be tension.

Sorry I'm no help, but while we're at this, how do you tell a male from female Austrian rainbow as well?

Males are more colorful, longer in body and deeper as well. Plants and spawning mops should be added to the breeding tank, 2-3 females is the normal ratio to one male. When ready to spawn the male will display a white area on it’s head. The eggs will be scattered on the plants and mops, with this species there is no need to separate the parents as they will not eat their eggs if fed well on their normal diet. The eggs should hatch after 2 weeks and the fry should be fed on Infusoria or crushed flake.

But I don't want fish babies.

The more colorful of these guys was chasing everyone else off from the less colorful heavier fist. They are both hanging out in the bottom corner of tank.

No white spot that I see

Attachments

• image-285668156.jpg
    image-285668156.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 69
Do LFS buy them? I don't have anything to catch the eggs :/

Back
Top Bottom