Bosemani Rainbowfish - Will they fit?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrism

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys & girls,

At the moment I have a 160L / 42 US GAL / 36" x 15" x 18" (w x d x h) tank... current in mates & paramters are:

2 BN Plecos
3 Ottos
6 Glow Light Tetra
6 Penguin Tetra
1 Gold Gourami
1 Red Tail Banded Rainbow Fish

Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, NitrAtes steady around 20ppm, PCW every week. Running 1 Eheim Pro 2 can't remember the model number but the middle sized one, and 1 Eheim pro 1, the small size...

I did have 3 of the Red Tail Rainbow fish, but after a week of peaceful bliss the Gourami got quite aggressive and managed to kill the smaller 2 fish while i was at work, the surviving rainbow has been holding his own for a month or two now and seems to keeps the Gourami in check. However, I'm considering returning the Gourami to a LFS.

I'd like to add some Bosemani Rainbows to the tank, ideally 3 or 4. However I'm slightly conserned about how much space they need I know they're active swimmers & can get quite chunky. I'd have thought 3 or 4 would be fine, but i'd like some advice if possible.

Does anyone keep Bosemani in a tank similar size to mine?

If adding these fish, should i definately remove the Gourami?

If returning the Gourami, could i also add 2 more branded rainbows? Or is that really pushing it?

Thanks in advance,

I would definitely recommend returning the gourami and filling out your rainbow population. They are stunning and it would make a marvelous display!

Back
Top Bottom