Bosemani Rainbows change colors a lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpeedEuphoria

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just based on my observations, my 6 Bosemani rainbows(very nice fish), seem to change colors throughout the day, everyday, seems at random.

Various times throughout the day they get lighter and darker. Most of the time I notice it in the males easily.

The 1 smaller female, that about 2wks ago did not look normal( looking pale and staying in the same spot basically all day, for a couple days, except for food). Who has recovered and is acting normal now swimming with the rest.

Well Today that smaller Female is very very dark, I have never seen the other larger female this dark, but today the large female is darker than normal as well. Its only been for the last 1-2hrs or so.

Very interesting, none are fully grown AFAIK, the largest female may be close?

Just thought I would share and I have not witnessed any spawning activity.

These are very nice fish that I enjoy, they go crazy when they get fed. They could care less about the RCS and small Angel I have.

I really need to get a camera so I can take decent pics.

My rainbows, when they were younger, did this too. As they've gotten older, however, they don't seem to do it anymore.

My rainbows, when they were younger, did this too. As they've gotten older, however, they don't seem to do it anymore.

Thanks for the insight Neil

How large have yours gotten?(total length)
I dont think I have seen any recent pics:p

From research I have seen from 3.5" to 5" full grown

my males are larger, probably at around 4.5-5". I only have 1 female, she's about .5" shorter. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

I'm going to hold you to that, especially since I'm curious on what the female looks like.

Mine I am assuming are female(2), but since the aquabid seller(local) also sells turquoise rainbows its possible that I have 2 of those instead?

I really need to get a camera so I can take decent pics.

Or you could post pics and we could ID them for you. hehe

Yeah my camera is old, 3.2MP with no zoom and no features, it deff sucks at taking pics of fish(works for selling things on ebay though). I borrowed one last time to get better pics, I plan on borrowing it again soon for recent pics.

What's your excuse? LOL

Alright, I'm over it. No poking fun at the tank or the GSA on the glass.

I have 2 males and 1 female.

My Males:
IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG

My lone female:
IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

Thanks for the pics!!!

Your males look quite reddish on the tail half in some of the pics, very vibrant fish!

Mine are still small, like ~2", with 2 being a little larger, they are all sleek, none have gotten the taller body which makes the head/mouth stick out more, yet.

I'm still not sure on the 2, I believe they are females, they seem to have more greenish color, similar to your female in the pics, but they dont have much yellow/gold in the tail.

Time will tell I'm sure

Back
Top Bottom