Both tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
(Read my profile)

Ok so I want to put my Oscar in a 55!
Tank mates?
Bicher?convict?algea eaters?inverts?snails?

I want to put my 10g fish in the 20g and keep the R.shark in the 20!
Possible?inverts?snails?corys?female Bettas?

All recommendations appreciated!

Okay so I get what you are saying about the rainbow shark. Mine is in a 46 gallon which isn't big enough I feel but when I moved him to a bigger tank he became so depressed he almost died:( but a 20 is REALLY small for a rainbow.

Your Oscar will fill your 55G, maybe a bristlenose pleco as a cleanup crew at best could go in there.

No way can your shark go into the 20G.

He will be perfectly fine in the 55. Just don't add any other huge fish the convicts will be fine I told you that already. We're going bare bottom, sand, rocks what because oscars are dirty I would go bare bottom.

Thin substrate? I despise bare bottom...

2fm 1m of convicts?
What about a Senegal bicher?

Yea you could use rock deco just not to much you want to try not to deplete the space as much as you can. Thin sub. Will be fine. You have a gravel vac right? And the bicher will be fine also.

I don't know about the rainbow shark but an oscar in a 55 is a huge bio load so It depends on filtration mainly and you will need to do loads of water changes like maybe 2-3 a week depending on feeding, plants n stuff like that so that makes tank mates a bit of a problem because it increases the bio load but also you need something bigger that the Oscar can eat so that makes it a bit more of a problem :/ depends how far you are prepared to go with maintenance, if you let it slip they will get disease and/or die oscars are particularly prone to HITH syndrome that is believed to be caused by water quality issues. Hope this helps

My Oscar got ich and HITH after I got him from petsmart but he had healed;) if I have strong filtration can my stock be
Oscar
X1male convict
X2female convict
Senegal bicher
?????????????

Breeding is for a food source and I might "save" a baby or 2;)

That stock list looks ok as long as the bichir is to big to be eaten and if the cichlids will get on? I have only kept oscars and rams so idk to much about cichlids in general. Good job clearing up HITH I have heard that's very hard to cure.

That stock list looks ok as long as the bichir is to big to be eaten and if the cichlids will get on? I have only kept oscars and rams so idk to much about cichlids in general. Good job clearing up HITH I have heard that's very hard to cure.

Ok thx and I'm 13
12 at the time.. I added copper directly on it(he came to eat and i dripped it on thehole and my temps are naturally high(no heater)78-86degrees depending on time of year! Moving tank when I get a bigger one though...

I'm not a plant expert neither lol but I would say anything that's robust and fast growing so it can repair itself, maybe make a thread in the plant section there is always someone to help :) also maybe some floating plants like frog bit might be good, the bichir would defiantly like the added cover and dimmer light.

Sump would help to add volume but a good quality canister or HOB would work, I personally would go for a good canister type.

I breed convicts in my 44 and keep my Oscar in the 75. And feed my Oscar the convicts for treats. It works! But if they're in the same tank. The breeding fish will fight the Oscar NONSTOP lol. All he wants to do is eat those babies.
I even have lots of plants to break up the line of sight.

I use one magnum 350. For my 75 and one emperor 400 for it as well
Emperor for bio
Magnum for Chem.
they both have floss in them as well
And they're are a ton of spare NEW parts for magnums on amazon. One of mine is over ten years old

I've just looked at your stock lists in your other tanks and I feel that you shouldn't get anymore fish until you've sorted ou the ones you already have. Like that Denison barb needs to move, along with the tetras cherry barbs and the eclipse catfish. Oh and the leaf fish.

Back
Top Bottom