Botia Striata-Zebra/Striata Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at getting some "cleaner fish" for my 20g tank. I was previously looking at getting either Panda Cories or Julii Cories, however the past 2 or 3 shipments at my favorite LFS have died off within days of receiving the shipment. However, this LFS does have 3 Botia Striata(Zebra or Striata Loaches) that have been there for quite a while. They look healthy. What do you guys think? How would 3 Botia Striata do in my 20g tank which currently has 6 rummynoses and 3 von rio tetras? I do have 2 caves and quite a few plants in this tank. I also plan on getting a male/female pair of GBR's as soon as I can get my hands on them. I have a relatively fine black gravel substrate, and I plan on picking up some driftwood.

Thanks for the input,

Mike

OFF TOPIC-Is there a way to order 1 male and 1 female GBR from liveaquaria? Is it a good idea?

The loaches would work very well. They stay small, and are very active. I think you would be very happy with them.

Edit:
LiveAquaria just sends out fish. You cannot select male/female. I've asked them, and you only get what they send you.

Also, if you get a pieceof driftwood, get one with some holes in it, where the loaches can go in and dig deeper. It's fun watching the loaches dig deeper into a piece of driftwood. My yoyo's love digging into driftwood, and I get a lot of small pieces of wood on the substrate from them digging.

I had some Striata for a while ... and kept them with yo-yos and community fish. My yo-yos are now with a bunch of africans and the cichlids don't bother the loaches at all, so unless you get some bottom fish that get aggressive/territorial with your loaches, they'll likely go fine with whatever you put in with them.

Back
Top Bottom