Bottom Dwellers for a 10 G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swankyspoon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi folks,

I have three male guppies in a 10 gallon Tank. I was thinking of adding a fourth guppy,but am now wondering if there are any bottom dwellers that would fit comfortably in the tank? Or maybe something else that would complement the guppies, while making the tank more interesting. I realize the fact that it's a 10g limits limits my options, but any suggestions would be appreciated!

My susgestion would be a sucker fish from walmart ether a black big one or a smaller orange one mine freaks out and is hilarious and iv had my fish for months o.o

pygmy cories are not exactly bottom feeders, but they swim in the middle-bottom zone. Shrimp are great for small tanks! You have many different kinds to choose from! Aside from that there are not a lot of options. Full-sized cories are to big considering the number you would have to get. Have you looked up asian stone catfish?

My susgestion would be a sucker fish from walmart ether a black big one or a smaller orange one mine freaks out and is hilarious and iv had my fish for months o.o

Not sure what this is but considering it's from Walmart and a sucker fish it's probably some kind of pleco. No species of pleco, that I've heard of, can healthily live in a 10g.

Otos are also ok in a 10g, but they are algae eaters and not bottom feeders. If you have no algae in your tank, I don't recommend you get otos. They need to constantly graze.

Defiantly ghost shrimp. They're cheap and very entertaining, and are pretty good at eating up all the leftover food depending on how many you have. Highly recommend ghost shrimp.

Snails ( any bar apple), shrimp ( cherry, ghost, amano,rainbow)

Okay - thanks! I am thinking (2?) Nerite Snails, because I don't want invert population that gets out of control!

Back
Top Bottom