Bottom Dwellers for my 20G Long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I upgraded my 10 gallon betta sorority tank to a 20 Long, and I really love the new tank and it’s scape, especially since it’ll give my bettas more room for territory establishment, but I feel like the tank needs some sort of bottom dwelling fish or invert but I’m not sure what to add without overstocking the tank. I’ve thought of dwarf corydoras, but I’m not sure that the footprint is big enough for a group of them. I have kuhli loaches in my 20 Tall and I love them, but I’m looking to diversify my stock a bit. I’m working on breeding chocolate cherry shrimp in another tank, but I’m afraid the bettas might eat the smaller shrimp and my plants aren’t established enough for them to have many hiding places. Any thoughts or suggestions? I’m attaching a photo of the tank for a visual. IMG_0900.jpg

I think a group of 6 Cory cats would be perfectly fine. I've never had success with bettas and shrimp. My bettas would straight up hunt them down and eat them.

Bronze/albino cories would work. Can tolerate the temps that bettas like, hardy as heck. I'd go for 6 in a 20 long

I think a group of 6 Cory cats would be perfectly fine. I've never had success with bettas and shrimp. My bettas would straight up hunt them down and eat them.

I wound up going with a half dozen panda cories and they seem to love their new home. It took them about two minutes to settle in:)

Back
Top Bottom