Bottom feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackieboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new to the hobby and I'm wondering if a bamboo shrimp does the same type of job as a fish? Im also wondering what type of bottom feeder would do well in a 30 gallon tank with a gold gourami, a mini dwarf gourami, a mini dwarf flame gourami and a angelfish?
Thanks
Jackieboy

Jackieboy said:
Hey guys I'm new to the hobby and I'm wondering if a bamboo shrimp does the same type of job as a fish? Im also wondering what type of bottom feeder would do well in a 30 gallon tank with a gold gourami, a mini dwarf gourami, a mini dwarf flame gourami and a angelfish?
Thanks
Jackieboy

I would get a school of cories for the bottom. At least 5-6 of a same species.

Bamboo shrimp do not. They're filter feeders rather than scavengers. A school of cories is an awesome idea--I love the little guys. I would also recommend ghost or cherry shrimp because they do an awesome job as well while adding less bio load, but not sure how they would do with the larger gourami and the angelfish--prolly turn into a free meal.

Yeah I think the angelfish would make a nice meal out of the shrimp. I would leave those out.

Maybe a school of KUHLI LOACHES? I got 3 of them (had 5, one didn't make it and other one decided that to explore outside of the tank) They are really funny little creatures. One moment they all piled up in one corner and few minutes later they are zooming and zig zagging across the tank. And the places they squeeze in? One of them like to squeeze between front glass and the thermometer. Other one likes to hang head down from my plants. They provide me with real entertainment.

Ice Man said:
Maybe a school of KUHLI LOACHES? I got 3 of them (had 5, one didn't make it and other one decided that to explore outside of the tank) They are really funny little creatures. One moment they all piled up in one corner and few minutes later they are zooming and zig zagging across the tank. And the places they squeeze in? One of them like to squeeze between front glass and the thermometer. Other one likes to hang head down from my plants. They provide me with real entertainment.

They truly are hilarious!!

Back
Top Bottom