Bottom Feeder advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all again, after my Clown Loach issue (this will now be sorted tonight or tomorrow as there going back to the shop) I would like to get some more bottom feeders to replace them as I think it would balance out my tank (in my own head :) )

I have a 90 litre (20 Gallon) tank currently living in there are 6 Neon Tetre's, 4 Guppies and 2 Dalmation Mollies, I would like to know anyones opinions on any fish that might go well?

Regards
Sam.

You might look into the Spotted Hoplo (Hoplosternum punctatus). Very active, friendly and can be seen cruising all levels of the tank when food is not to be found on the bottom.

Had a look at some pics of them and they look cool, some good suggestions here guys, thanks!

My bottom dwelling cleanup crew consists of Oto's, Cory Cats, and Nerite snails. They keep my tank mint.

a crayfish,or some shrimp.a crayfish may snack on your fish,but you may get lucky and find a peaceful one.my crayfish(australian blue)and my shrimp(ghost)are really awesome,and funny.

Otos aren't bottom feeders, just so you know. They do not eat fish waste, leftover food, or anything like that. They graze on algae or eat veggies or wafers.

I'd stick to a small pleco (clown or bristlenose) or cories.

i've got a Hoplo, which is really nice and very active, and thinking of getting a Cory for my 20 gallon tank...

(that's if the LFS will take back my clown loaches!)

Otos aren't bottom feeders, just so you know. They do not eat fish waste, leftover food, or anything like that. They graze on algae or eat veggies or wafers.

I'd stick to a small pleco (clown or bristlenose) or cories.

I like the look of the Clown Pieco, will see if they have them at the garden centre on sunday, also might look into a shrimp or 2 :)

Lots of stores ship! Check out liveaquaria.com, and Pm severum mama and Hn1. They will help.

Back
Top Bottom