bottom feeder fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kazman18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so I have 10 gallon tank for now. And I have 2 white clouds and plan to get more tommorow. My main question is what type of bottom feeder should I get.

White cloud mountain minnows are best kept as a cold water fish. So tropical fish do not make very suitable tank mates for them. The only fish I see people recommend with these minnows are goldfish (and your tank is too small for goldfish).
If you are interested in tropical fish, you might want to return the minnows for something different.
Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Golden White Cloud Mountain Minnow

Bottom Feeding fish

Okay so I have 10 gallon tank for now. And I have 2 white clouds and plan to get more tommorow. My main question is what type of bottom feeder should I get.

Hello kaz...

Your chance of success is greater with a larger tank. Waste management is the main concern with small tanks and small tanks are difficult to keep clean. A 10 gallon tank is really too small to support a bottom feeding fish like Corydoras. These fish are foragers and need a larger area and require extremely clean water. This is difficult to do with a small tank. It would be best to get a couple more White Clouds, that are very hardy and will tolerate less than perfect water conditions and just keep them and their number to a minimum.

B

Often different types of hillstream loaches can be kept with wcmm. But a 10g is just too small. You might have to settle for a couple mystery snails as they do quite well in cooler water.

I started off with a cold water tank and had minnows like yours. It was only a small 20 liter tank but I had 2 peppered corys who were very happy. Months later I got a much bigger heated tank and moved all the fish into it. Now I have 38 young corys from these original 2 (with a bit of hard work and trial and error)

Back
Top Bottom