Bottom feeder help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minnehaha

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm looking for recommendation on an effective bottom feeder(s) for a 30 long tank. Currently stocked inside are an angelfish, there giant danios, an albino rainbow shark, and a BN Pleco. The current community get along great, and id like to add something that will add even more life. Any recommendations are welcome, everybody has different experiences:fish2:

(I should add that, for whatever reason, the ARS and Pleco don't seem to be doing the job when it comes to algae and food that falls to the ground. Especially the ARS, who seems to school and eat with the Danios)

Last edited:
You can get soooooo much life out of cory cats. They dart around like lightning bolts and do a pretty good job as a cleanup crew.

Only downfall is they prefer to school with 6+

I have a set of albinos that really add to the character of the tank. They like to dart to the surface so a cover is recommended lol

I'll check out the albino corys! You don't think 6 will be too many?

If that much food is ending up at the bottom and not getting eaten, you may want to cut back on how much you give them.

You can get soooooo much life out of cory cats. They dart around like lightning bolts and do a pretty good job as a cleanup crew.

Only downfall is they prefer to school with 6+

I have a set of albinos that really add to the character of the tank. They like to dart to the surface so a cover is recommended lol

I'll check out the Albino Corys! You don't think six will be too many? And what diet do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom