Bottom feeder with tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBenns

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29g with 9 tiger barbs (I might get some more) what would be a good bottom feeder that won't get terrorized by the barbs?

I would go with either a small syndontis species. Or a spotted Raphael catfish if you have plenty of hollow logs and caves.

I would go with either a small syndontis species. Or a spotted Raphael catfish if you have plenty of hollow logs and caves.
Wouldn't both of those options fins always be nipped at?

Actually looking at the Raphael again I think he would be alright

I wouldn't add more tigers either and i have has syno cats with many aggressive cichlid species and they can hold their own but in your size tank I really think the Raphael would do well!

I wouldn't add more tigers either and i have has syno cats with many aggressive cichlid species and they can hold their own but in your size tank I really think the Raphael would do well!
Yeah I think so! It would be a really nice addition with the fast, smaller fish up top and in the middle and the nice big catfish at the bottom!

It would look great I think just be aware they do not come out often they are mostly nocturnal. But when they do come out its totally worth it they are amazing!

It would look great I think just be aware they do not come out often they are mostly nocturnal. But when they do come out its totally worth it they are amazing!
I fine with that, you said many caves, why is that?

Just so he has places to hide they need at least 2 decent sized caves or hollow logs they can hide in.

Well then you should be golden! Your gonna have to load up a pic when you get him. I love Raphael cats.

Back
Top Bottom