Bottom feeders for my 20gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I currently have a pitbull pleco in my 20 gallon tank. Now I was wondering could I get another bottom feeder? If so what? I was thinking between an Otto, a Siamese algae eater, and a Cory. I also have two female bettas a male betta a Bolivian ram and two zebra danios. They are now living in a 20 gal tank and are very peaceful(originally in a 10gal but wanted to give them more space). So which should I get? If I should get one?

I've heard a lot of people like cories and ottos. I've never owned either, but I like the look of cories.

Corys are a ton of fun to watch, they have so much energy and are basically little balls of excitement and movement, I love mine and would recommend corys to anyone

Good bottom feeders for that size tank would be cory cats and ghost shrimp.

Plecos, ottos, and siamese algae eaters aren't really bottom feeders, they're algae eaters. They won't eat leftover food or waste on the bottom of your tank like cories and shrimp will.

I'd skip on the Otto it's not a bottom feeder and get a school of corys, best cleanup crew ever and so much fun to watch

What kind of Cory should I get? There's panda cories and a bunch others. I'd like one or two that are really pretty and active in the light bc panda cories aren't according to petco website.

I have threelined corys and I know they are always zipping around, my gf loves them too she thinks their real cute

What kind of Cory should I get? There's panda cories and a bunch others. I'd like one or two that are really pretty and active in the light bc panda cories aren't according to petco website.

I have a bronze cory and thats always really active, seems happy enough by itself(I only have 1 cory but i have 10 other fish). Its non stop going across the gravel like a vaccume cleaner lol and a really peaceful fish, when I first added it in to my tank it used to chase all the other fish away from the bottom up to the top and never stopped chasing them until they stayed up the top haha that only lasted for like a day though must have just been making sure the other fish knew it was its tettitory or something

id recommend them

Have you looked at orange laser corys? Kind of rare, but awesome if you can find them! I know Hn1 and severum mama can order some for you.

Cories should be kept in groups of no less than 4, and oto cats at least 3. I have the julii cories, they are beautiful, and they only get to 1.5" so I think they'd be a good pick for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom