Bottomfeeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!
I have a 29 gallon tank with 3 guppies (10 very small babies), 2 swordtails, and 1 platy. What bottomfeeders do you recommend? I don't want snails either! I like shrimp by the way!
Is there any other/more fish I can get? I really like dwarf gouramis, so can I get those?
And what fish help keep the population down that go with these fish?
Thanks a bunch!

For bottom people could do BN pleco or red cherry shrimp. Also corys + otos .

You could probably get a dwarf gourami if you have proper filtration. Have you considered Ghost or Cherry shrimp? I love otocinclus catfish, and they are pretty indestructible in my tanks.

I am a huge fan of cories. They are cute, active, fun, peaceful, and there are a whole bunch of species.
Some other options are South American bumble bee catfish, Yunnanilus cruciatus, or porthole catfish. These guys will be harder to find than cories though, and probably more expensive.
There are also a handful of sucker-type fish like bnp, otos, pitbull plecos, and similar species that would work out fine.
IMO, a dg would be fine in there are long you don't let the tank get to over-run with fry from the livebearers. :)

Thank you guys soo much! I have heard about blue crayfish/lobsters? But do they eat all my fish?

Marbled crayfish tend to leave fish alone. They also self-clone. You could probably sell the babies to your LFS if they don't already stock them.

I love Albino Corys for my 29 gallon tank. I got a school of them and they are almost the most active fish in my tank. They are even a plus if you have sand substrate, because they turn your sand for you. That way you don't have to turn every so often.

Back
Top Bottom