Bought 2 New Platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 2 New Platys yesterday 1 male and 1 female. Male is sunburst with red on tail and half of body and female is orange with small black spot on tail ( i think she had twin bar in her genes )

Male -

image-2669835027.jpg

Female -

image-4030952801.jpg

Need names for them open to ideas

I have 4 sunburst platy's named; Huey, Dewey, Louy and Wilma.

so what I would suggest is names from a book or movie you like; for instance if you like Star Wars - Anakin and Padme or the Flintstones - Fred and Wilma

you should get at least 1 more female,so that the female doesnt get harrassed

My male isnt actullay hassaing her i dont think they are even breeding but im getting another female

bobc4d said:
I have 4 sunburst platy's named; Huey, Dewey, Louy and Wilma.

so what I would suggest is names from a book or movie you like; for instance if you like Star Wars - Anakin and Padme or the Flintstones - Fred and Wilma

Love the names!

Sunburst and Starburst!Those were the names of my platies-a pair like yours-before they died.:sadface:

thanks for the name ideas but havent found one that i like haha im very fussy

i had a pair just like yours their names were splish and splash

My two adult platys are Souske and Kaname (anyone recognize them?) and my two gouramis are Tom Jones and Delilah lol.

Oh and my four Kuhli loaches are eeny, meeny, miney and mo, and I want to get a fifth and call him Albert!

FriendsNotFood said:
How about having geek fish, and naming them after some elements? You could have Neon, Rubidium, Argon and Radon :)

Thats a pretty good ideA ill post my final names its so hard to get it right

Back
Top Bottom